Sunday, November 15, 2009

Whew, so it's been awhile since my last update. It's mostly because I have been busy enjoying my life and haven't really felt the need to update. Still, here is an update.

- It's getting cold here, Winter is around the corner, and I'm using my heater again everyday.
- I passed my driving test last month after 6 months of torturous visits to the closest thing to hell on this Earth, a.k.a. the Japanese DMV.
- Still no girlfriend but it's all good.
- Probably won't be heading back this year because of expensive plane tickets.
- I recorded an album of original music four weeks ago in a town to the south of where I live. It has 5 songs, and was produced and engineered by a friend of mine who is a guitar genius named Kohki. I am very happy with the results, you can have a listen here.
- On a related note, I don't think I will be recontracting with my school here for 2010-2011. I love the job, the town, the lifestyle---really everything that defines my life here, but I've decided that music is what I want to do, and thus it deserves my full attention.

"Seize"



"in my sky"



"Why Goldfish Die"



"Hearts without Boundaries"



"Vestige"



You can also check out my youtube channel for additional videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/derekhurstmusic


Ok, thats all for now, see you when I see you!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Hey Derek good to hear you are doing well, but we will miss you for Christmas and New Years! I want to come out and visit you in Japan, but I still am working here in Austin and Americans just don't get any vacation. Oh well maybe I will get laid off :) then there will be plenty of time to do traveling.